Monday, February 8, 2010

Exdeath's Helmet



Exdeath's Helmet
http://www.mediafire.com/?zt2izzfdjne
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DIXKHL34

Sorry about the ridiculous amount of time this took to get done. It actually only took about 4 hours to build, going pretty casually, then a bit longer to make the instructions and release pack.

There's no point in lying about it, I just haven't been feeling it lately. I rushed to get some models ready for the convention in November, then I had to wrestle with the last four finals I'd ever have to take for my B.A. in Philosophy, then I raced through Jack Sparrow in about a week anda half for Christmas. After all that, I just wasn't in the mood to get back to anything. I took some time off, actually played some video games (anyone who's been reading for a while will notice a cyclical pattern between my gaming and my papercrafting).

Now I'm in my last semester of college, and I feel it's fairly important to take it seriously. I'm also going to be needing to find a real job soon, so as I don't have to move back to Houston once I'm done with my work here in Denton. The truth is, I've been procrastinating with a lot of stuff because I've lined up a handful of serious, work-heavy projects, and I'm just not up for sitting down and trying to get a pose done for something as detailed as Kefka or Cloud. As such, it's easy to get distracted, and given this year's video game releases, that isn't going to get better any time soon.

Meanwhile, some friends and I are finally getting serious about working on a new Steampunk RPG system. I'll be posting any appropriate work related to it on DeviantArt (already have the world map up), but for now the development is mostly taking place on Google Docs. Once we've got something to show for it, progress will be posted on another blog. I'll let you know when the time comes, if you're interested.

I've made some changes to the Fan Section. Since everyone who contributes original content now have their own blogs, I've removed that particular section. If a certain proprietor of Paperkraft.net is reading, he would be wise to keep an eye on two of the newest additions to the crowd, Aravin and Aaron.



Finally, and THIS IS IMPORTANT, I've been thinking, we have enough Final Fantasy oriented designers now that we could make a blog specifically devoted to Final Fantasy papercraft, ala NintendoPapercraft. I've already reserved a Blogspot URL in case anyone's interested, so let me know if the idea intrigues you.


Now if you'll excuse me, I've got some stuff to read for a quiz tomorrow.



Oh and for the record, I think he should've been called Exodus.

9 comments:

Kupo said...

So I'm assuming you got your ink back? Who'll be next, Serge/Dark Serge?

Kupo said...

Sorry, not "got your ink back", I mean "got a new set".

Mr. K said...

No, I printed this when I printed the Sibyl. As I said, I just haven't been feeling the urge to craft.

Jouzu said...

Hey Kaizo,

first of all the helmet looks awesome. i really like the texture and it looks great in reality too.

by the way : which games did u play? u have a ps3 system too right?

your idea about a specific final fantasy papercraft blog is fantastic!
I definetely want to be part of it, as i see myself as a final fantasy papercrafter in general.
please tell me more about it via email or shoutbox on my blog.

Mr. K said...

The games I have been and will be playing were all linked in the post.

As for the other blog, it depends on how many people we can get.

Sabekio said...

Hey Kaizo!
Remember me?
Nice helmet! Are you gonna try to pull off Golbez next? XD
So I made my own papercrafting blog. I haven't gotten to much yet, but hopefully I'll be making LOTS of progress in the summer.

Javier Ruiz said...

Very sexy. I've decided to make all of these helmets and model them with suits. I'll need something bulky and brown for ExDeath.

price per head call center said...

It was nice visiting your blog. There are some interesting and useful things have been shared her

Johanna Ernst said...

Greatt share