Monday, December 8, 2008

Harle





Harle
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8HKUA6RU
http://www.mediafire.com/?qtmzhm0dz2z

Finished her last night around midnight, but I had my first final this morning, so I figured it was prudent to get some sleep, rather than stay up and make instructions.

The problem with making models like this, and from any of the games I've made models from, is that you spend the entire build reminiscing about the game. Normally it's no big deal, you may end up digging through your library and revisiting it for a bit, but in the case of Chrono Cross, there can be some side effects to the nostalgia...

You end up thinking through the plot again, and saying things like:

"So wait...the antagonist was actually the protagonist's father...but merged with some kind of cat-demon that attacked the protagonist when he was a kid? Only the antagonist was neither of those...he was really a giant evil computer who needed to inhabit the body of protagonist in order to access himself.

Oh God...I think I need to lie down..."

Don't get me wrong, Chrono Cross was, and still is, one of my all-time favorites. It's just that the act of explaining the plot once lead me to develop my general theory of SE games:

"If you don't sound like a crackhead trying to explain the plot, it isn't a Squaresoft game."



Anyway, I put together a simple stand reminiscent of the classic Black Mage 001 stands. Got the textures for it from the album art and that iconic image of the Frozen Flame.






Skele-kitty had the funny idea to re-color Heidegger to make a Santa model. Took about 2 minutes to recolor him, so here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yygzxjiwmea




I'm going to wait a bit longer to see if there's any more feedback on which Sephiroth model to do. I'm kind of surprised by how much support there is for option #3. They're all good models. Cast your vote for which you'd like to see.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...I'm voting for #3 too!
I am so anxious to see the winner ^-^

Anonymous said...

I like #2 the best. It's a very nice action pose. :D

Anonymous said...

i dont know if heres the place i should request this, but i really want to see the mandragora lantern done. it sould be real simple to make, and it will look real cool. i would love to see you make it, because i have been a fan of this site for quite a while, and i love your works. please do the lantern, and keep up the great job you are doing!

Chrono said...

PERFECT Harle. I'll make it asap (well, that's after i'm done with Kodansha's Howl's Castle, but after 2 months it'll be done by tomorrow...). Congrats for this model Kaizo ;)

Anonymous said...

Ohgod I think I love you. I've been trying to get out of papercraft, and have successfully stayed away for nearly a year- it was so nice to have the extra hard drive space back, and not have scraps of paper littering my room all the time...

But this. My computer cries in despair. My fingers are already feeling the pain of blisters and cuts to come. AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT.

...th-thank you. T.T And judging from your WIP list, I'm not going to be getting away again for long, long time.

Mr. K said...

On the one hand: uh, sorry? Didn't realize I was ruining lives (and digits) by sharing my hobby.

On the other: the only reason I don't stop is because of responses like that. I keep going because no one else will. Then again, I've spawned protegés and imitators. Maybe I could just hand it all off to them and retire, having never made a penny.

Not very likely though.

Anonymous said...

Haha, my previous dramatic comment aside, I really do appreciate all your hard work. You had just started making models when I left the community last, and it's great to see that you're still going strong (and coincidentally working on a ton of my favorite characters. So glad to now see Terra up here!) I hope the hobby never becomes dull to you; keep up the fantastic work.