Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Horizons, etc.

I'm starting to get into that end-of-the-semester crunch, so there may not be any new releases for a while. Just thought I'd give you a head's up on where a few things stand.

I've started the most basic of edits to Tifa, Yuffie, and Vincent. I may have to reconsider their poses, as a few of them are just a little too hard to build cleanly. The Goblin Pack continues...I haven't heard much from my testbuilders, but preliminary reports indicate everything is going as planned. I need to do some weapon layouts, but all in good time.

Here's the interesting news:

If you follow the chatter in the Shoutbox, you may have noticed that Fezco, who is going to be starting his own blog pretty soon, with his first planned release being LeBlanc from FFX-2, discovered some more models using an alternative extraction method. Namely, the Celsius.

Short version: ridiculous detailed, but I simply must build it. Here are some images to illustrate the madness:









Ideally, I'd like to build it at the same scale as the Fahrenheit. However, the Fahrenheit was acutally pretty simple (believe it or not) by comparison. So at the same scale, you get pages that look like this on the Celsius. I'm not sure if you can see them or not, but there's a line of parts so tiny they basically look like little grey specks.

It's going to need a lot of editing...



If I scale it up to make it a little more buildable, you get something like this. That's as large as it can reasonably be, before you start having to break parts down in ways that are just silly. It's going to be pretty big one way or another, but the question is whether or not it should be massive. There are still tiny little parts, but it spans a ridiculous number of pages.

This thing's really going to take some effort.

Also: I figured out how to change the color scheme in Sketchup.

Purple, purple everywhere, but not a drop to...uh...what?


Anyway, I'm not sure when the next release will be, so stay tuned.

EDIT:



Got my hands on 3DS Max 2010 recently, motivated me to see where I left off with Balthier last. Fun part is, I've learned enough about Sketchup since then to know how to pose him and fix the textures without the need for 3DS. Anyway, he needs some texture fixes and a little more work on the pose. I also want to see if I can't find a model of a gun from XII, put that in his right hand.



This also looks fun.

Also: I am a sad, strange little man. Why would anyone know these things?


And now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go buy a ticket to Lab Band Madness for Tuesday night.

0 comments: