Saturday, May 23, 2009

Retitled: In My Wake?

EDIT: It didn't quite occur to me that some other designers have gone unnoticed.



http://fezcocrafts.blogspot.com/2009/05/ffx-2-leblanc-release.html

I don't usually do the aggregate thing, but since this is his first model, I've gotta help him get his name on the map. This is Fezco's LeBlanc, done much in the same style as my own Lady Luck (i.e. a massive FFX-2 character). Personally I think the finished product puts Lady Luck to shame, a notion which is compounded by the fact that it's his first design. I'd love to say it turned out so well because he's a good student (implying that I'm a good teacher), but come on. First shot? I guess I helped a little, but that kind of result on your first go is just genius.

Anyway, if you were crazy enough to try Lady Luck, you should definitely try LeBlanc. If you weren't crazy enough to try Lady Luck, you should still try this one. I may just have to add it to the built roster myself...

Anyway, appropriate aggregators (messrs Rementilla and James), I believe you know what to do with this.

EDIT:
There are two other designers I'd like to point the spotlight at...



http://dwpapercraft.blogspot.com/2009/05/sandy-final-version.html

DW also released his finished version of Sandy Magus recently (sorry for the delay, I'm a few days late on this release). But he's another designer worth keeping an eye on. If you do a bit of exploring, you'll see he's also close to a release of Seymour Guado, as well as some related FFX projects.



http://lunaticpapercraft.blogspot.com/

Last, but not least, we have Lunatic, who I mistakenly assumed was already on the collective radar. A double check of Paperkraft.net reveals that he is not, but certainly should be. He's already released a nice layout of Elena as well as Tifa's outfit while attempting to...ascertain information from ol' Don Corneo. Considering just ceding my proposed "Turks pack" project to Lunatic. He seems more interested in getting it done than I am, and I have confidence that his layouts are more or less what you'd see from me anyway. So it's all gravy.

Anyhow, these two have been on my link list for a few weeks, but it didn't occur to me that I could help get them a bit more into the community's collective view (Oh who am I kidding, I want to help them because they thanked by name, unlike some).


Anyway, back to the grind.
(I'll get back to my own business soon. Stay tuned, etc.)
((What a self-serving re-title, eh?))

1 comments:

Ron said...

You taught him well, that's a really nice papercraft