Thursday, October 23, 2008

FFX Pack




Time for an FFX multi-release.



http://rapidshare.com/files/156713240/FFX_Treasure_Chest.rar.html
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2869015Z
http://www.mediafire.com/?tk5jwlmmzly

First up: treasure chest. Pretty standard, seemed like it would be a fun, easy build. Several sizes and textures, worth spending half an hour on and sticking on a desk somewhere.



http://rapidshare.com/files/156713828/FFX_Monkey.rar.html
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NHT3D2ZZ
http://www.mediafire.com/?yzvymgjmdln


Next: creepy monkey. As I was building this, a word kept coming to mind. Esoteric. Vivi wanted to see how this would look, but backed out of the build when it became apparent that the thing is way creepier up close than the tiny little versions you see in the game (at various temples). This was my first custom pose for a model, so I wasn't about to just let it get tossed aside. I probably should have though; this thing was a pain to build and eerie to look at. Anyway, yeah, FFX Monkey. Woo.



http://rapidshare.com/files/156714678/Blitzball.rar.html
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XG0AGOGR
http://www.mediafire.com/?ly2mtn2mmyl


Finally: Blitzball! Made two sizes, surprisingly easy to build. Don't think I need to justify building a blitzball.

However, the blitzball helps me segue into housekeeping matters. I've upgraded to Pepakura Designer 3, and with it Pepakura 3 locked formats. You can always get Viewer 3 from the Pepakura site for free (look to your left), and it functions independantly of Designer and Viewer 2, so it won't overwrite anything. But this draws attention to locked formats. I have no problem releasing unlocked PDOs to people who specifically request them, I'm just not comfortable releasing them en masse. The blitzball would be a great model to customize (like editing the skin to make some manner of fictional team ball? I don't know, whatever). So if you'd like an unlocked version of anything I've released, don't hesitate to send me an e-mail and I'll get you everything you need. You just have to be willing to post your results, like this guy:



http://www.mediafire.com/?yz3m2yn5qfy

This fellow, Whitechronowolf, has put the time in to make a properly life-size Myochin Kabuto. I'm happy to post results for any custom work you'd like to share. Just be sure to include a picture of the finished version, especially if it's as awesome as this one (the facial expression really sells it).

But back to business: with Designer 3 I've also started making PDFs at a higher resolution. It's a slight improvement visually, and it makes a noticable difference in the filesize, but I think it's worth it. Regarding file sizes: you may have noticed I've started including MediaFire links. Rapidshare and Megaupload just don't quite get the job done as well as they could, so I'm going to be working on re-releasing everything up to this point and loading them into a shared MediaFire folder (look to your left again), so you can browse the files as a group without having to search all over the blog.

I've also added one of those chat gadgets. Not sure if anyone cares to use it, but if you like, it's there. Shout away, as they say.

This will probably be my last release for a while. I've got a lot of big models on my proverbial plate, and I'd like to get a few of them knocked out without any other distractions. Not to mention my big folder of other people's models I never have time to work on (I'm just as much another builder as contributor). Anyway, figured I'd give you a heads up on what to expect in the next month or so.



I'm working on a layout of FFXI's rendition of Odin for Haywan, the fellow who runs PapercraftMuseum (go sign up at the forums...enough people frequenting them and it could become a mighty nice little papercrafter's hub). What's frightening is, as messy as the horse looks, it's almost ready to go. I just need to finish breaking up the face, then arranging all the pieces on the pages. After that, I'll likely wait a bit to get started on Odin himself.



I've already basically said the Paine version of FFX-2's Lady Luck dresssphere is on the way (and honestly I can't express how much I want to see this model finished). I've had to do some work on the left arm (intersecting faces and whatnot), but she's just about ready to go. More or less the same situation as the horse. Need to break up the face, then arrange it all. And yes, it occurs to me that there's an awful lot of purple on my desktop. But hey, Aristotle said purple was the best color. That's gotta count for something, right?



Finally, Balthier. I know there are plenty of people out there who want to build this as much as I do. He's actually ready to be loaded in Pepakura, but as you can see, he's in a generic model viewer sort of pose. I can't just release something bland like that, so I'm working on giving him bones and a decent pose. I've only been using 3DS Max 9 for about two weeks, so I'm still learning my way around it, but I think he's coming along nicely. Just need to spend a day with the model and make it perfect.



So if you've been thinking about building one of my earlier releases, but haven't gotten around to printing it yet, hold off a few days. I'll have all my old releases loaded into a shared MediaFire folder, as updated as they're ever going to get. It may be a bit before my next release, but I'm always open for requests, suggestions, questions, or even random babble. Drop me a metaphorical line any time.




We'll call this something like a teaser...

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kaizo,

My name is Zenith, I own the website www.FFXIDats.com

I am currently creating a new community website that will also link into FFXI and I was wondering if you would like to be a part of it?

I cant explain much more here so please if you are interested do get in touch via email :

lborrowman@googlemail.com

Hope to hear from you very soon!
Zenith aka Leanne